At MoreYoga, we are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all of our students and teachers. We recognise that some individuals may require the assistance of guide dogs to fully participate in our classes and activities. Therefore, we have established this Guide Dog Policy to ensure that everyone can enjoy the benefits of yoga at our studio.
- Definition of a Guide Dog:
- A guide dog, also known as a service dog, is a specially trained dog that assists individuals with visual impairments or other disabilities. These dogs are trained to perform specific tasks to enhance the independence and mobility of their owners.
- Admission to MoreYoga:
- We welcome guide dogs and their handlers to our studio. Any student or teacher with a guide dog is encouraged to inform our staff in advance to help us provide the best possible experience.
- Responsibilities of Guide Dog Owners:
- Guide dog owners are responsible for the following when bringing their guide dogs to MoreYoga:
- Maintain Control: Guide dog owners must keep their dogs under control at all times to ensure the safety and comfort of all individuals in the studio.
- Cleanliness: Guide dog owners must ensure that their dogs are clean, groomed, and well-behaved. It is essential to keep the studio environment clean and free from any dog-related mess.
- Behaviour: While we understand that guide dogs may occasionally exhibit behaviours such as getting up or barking, we kindly request that handlers make every effort to ensure their dogs remain calm and settled during classes to minimise disruptions."
- MoreYoga will make reasonable accommodations to ensure that guide dog owners can fully participate in our classes and activities. This may include reserving a suitable space within the studio and making adjustments as necessary to ensure the comfort of both the guide dog owner and other participants. Please be aware that we do not have waiting or reception areas, so the guide dog will need to be inside the studio.
- Allergies and Sensitivities:
- We recognise that some individuals may have allergies or sensitivities to dogs. In such cases, we will work to find a reasonable solution that accommodates the needs of all individuals involved.
- Reporting Concerns:
- If any student or teacher has concerns or encounters difficulties related to guide dogs in the studio, we encourage them to bring these concerns to the attention of our staff. We will work diligently to address any issues and find suitable resolutions.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible yoga community at MoreYoga. If you have any questions or require further assistance related to this policy or the accommodation of guide dogs, please do not hesitate to contact our staff.